Vacancies and Placements
Part Time Secondment or Self-Employed Working Opportunity
September 2019 to July 2020
Half a day to one day per week
We are looking for new Inclusion Consultants to join our current innovative team as a secondment opportunity.
Working as part of the North Star Inclusion Advisory Team (formerly known as Rushall Inclusion Advisory Team) you will have the exciting opportunity to:
- Provide highly effective support and challenge to schools and settings to promote positive outcomes and engagement for vulnerable learners;
- Work with SENCos and other school leaders in a range of settings to develop inclusive policy, practice and procedures in line with SEND Code of Practice;
- Work with individual pupils, their families and schools to identify their needs and offer their school/settings advice about how to effectively support them;
- Demonstrate best practice via coaching and modelling to develop the skills and knowledge of others leading to improved pupil outcomes;
- Develop and provide training directly to settings and centrally from our training facility.
Focusing upon all aspects of inclusion, North Star Inclusion Advisory Team has been operating for over six years. We provide a range of services to a number of settings including: regular school visits, INSET and central training. We strive to help others to help their pupils to become the best that they can be. To be one of our Inclusion Consultants you will also be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as being:
- A qualified teacher with experience of leading and managing SEN provision in a school/setting in the role of SENCo;
- Able to carry out a range of pupil assessments to identify need and provide supportive advice to accelerate pupil progress;
- Confident in supporting others to fully implement the SEND Code of Practice (2014);
- Skilled at working with a range of other professionals;
- Able to develop and deliver training, coaching and model best practice to other professionals;
- Able to liaise with a wide range of agencies to ensure the well-being of pupils are safeguarded;
- Skilled in giving specialist advice on inclusion to maximise the learning potential of pupils with special educational needs;
- Up to date with the national and local picture of SEND.
We can offer you a friendly, supportive working environment, flexible working arrangements, a full induction and ongoing professional development. We are also able to offer the setting you are seconded from a range of training and support to meet the needs of your vulnerable learners.
As part of this role you will be required to travel to visit other schools and settings. You may also be asked to attend meetings at other sites other than your own work base. In light of this, regular access to a car is required for this role.
Your secondment must be agreed with your head teacher and governing body.
To apply please send an expression of interest for the attention of Beccie Hawes, Head of Service. Your expression of interest should include:
- Your previous experience of leading and managing SEN provision,
- Your qualities and strengths,
- What you could bring to our team.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please do not hesitate to contact Beccie Hawes, Head of Service on 07702 252 706 or email on: email@example.com
Closing date for expressions of interest: Monday 3rd June
Please send your expressions of interest to:
North Star Inclusion Advisory Team
Rushall Primary School
The North Star Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Work Experience & Voluntary Placements
Here at the North Star Federation, we provide excellent placements for high school, college and university students. We are a friendly and supportive team who value additional help in the classroom.
If you are interested in gaining a placement, please email your preferred school below, stating the following information:
- Your full name and contact details
- Your reasons for requesting a placement
- Relevant qualifications you have
- Other qualifications you have
- Any relevant experience you have had
- Which days you are looking to work
- Whether you are looking for a full day or half day
- How long you require the placement for, e.g provisional start and end dates
- Any particular key stages you need experience of